Embedded Software/ Firmware Engineer
We are looking to add an enthusiastic, self-motivated Embedded Software/ Firmware Engineer to our small, highly driven team. You must be a team player, who can prioritise when working on multiple projects within a multi-disciplinary team. You will be tasked with designing, developing, testing and debugging software/ firmware for on-board systems using microcontrollers and embedded Linux. You will also build and maintain software tools to support these processes, and collaborate with the other engineers to validate and improve satellite systems. This position would best suit an early-stage or entry level engineer with a bachelor’s degree in Computing Science or Engineering/ Electronics or related subject, and ideally have some industrial experience. Please note, this job will require working on-site at Alba Orbital Ltd. full-time (this is not a remote working position).
· Design and create new embedded software/ firmware, and modify existing embedded software/ firmware as required, for all available sub-systems.
· Develop low-level drivers for I2C, SPI and UART interfaces.
· Debug developed software and integrate with spacecraft operating system.
· Document project embedded software/ firmware design (including flowcharts), modifications and test results, and develop user guides.
The candidate must demonstrate
· Extensive experience with C.
· Experience of working with microprocessor, preferably 16-bit and/ or 32-bit.
· Experience translating specified requirements into sub-system plans and designs.
· Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
· Experience of working with SPI, UART and I2C communication protocols.
· Experience with sensor integration over I2C, SPI, etc.
· Knowledge of analogue and digital circuits, and ability to interpret schematics and device datasheets.
· Enthusiasm for continuous learning.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· UK, EU or Schengen area citizenship.
· Experience using TI MSP430 and MSP432.
· Experience in Python programming.
· Experience of Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) testing.
· Embedded OS (FreeRTOS, embedded Linux).
· FPGA expertise (Verilog/ VHDL).
· Experience working on a CubeSat or space industry experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000 p/a
#| No Recruitment Agencies |#
Please email Portfolio, CV and Covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org